Wednesday, July 21, 2010


I know what you're thinking.. 'another post already,' haha yes it's true.

Two weeks from this past tuesday I will leave Uganda for Ethiopia! And in about three weeks from that same day I'll arrive back in the ole U.S. of A. It's crazy to think that it's all coming to an end.

First things first... I survived white water rafting the Nile! It was probbaly one of the coolest things I've ever done. I mean these rapids were like nothing I had ever laid eyes on before.. and our Ugandan guide Henry was pointing us directly at them! So that was pretty awesome, defintieely a highlight of the trip.

Me and Baylee are almost done with out work on the Sponsorhip program, and what a relief that is. We've gotten the kids to write lettes in english to all of thier sponsors, (which proved A LOT harder then you'd think) taken pictures of all of them, and gathered a general update from each of em. Now we are just working on getting them where they need to go. I'm starting to have a great feeling of accomplishment for the work we've done, and it's brought peace to my heart.

I've actually found a lot of peace in the last few weeks here in Uganda. I've started to see a lot of promise and hope, even amongust such dire situations, something that I didn't see and really struggled with early in my time here. And even amid my troubling numbing questions of fairness, love, and life I found this unexplainable peace in this small Ugandan valley, that is no doubt from the Lord.

My last two weeks here in Uganda are going to fly by. For starters finishing up this sponsorship thing will take a lot of my time. At the beginning of next week we are going to be giving out bags of supplies to some of the families in the village. (Which I'm totally stoked about.) Then at the end of the week we are going to that island of exiled people (mostly due to AIDS) that I talked about in an earlier post. We'll be there for two days, with no running water, electriciy or anything! It should be amazing. (I hope we are a blessing to these people,) Then the following tuesday we leave, so yeah it's gonna be crazy!

It's gonna be hard to leave this place, and especially all the orphans I've grown to love. I get back to the states and am pretty much am throw back into the college life haha. So this could be interesting, however I feel like the Lord's been preparing, and I've been praying for, my for leaving and for closure. I really pray that these last two weeks here are the best yet, and that I would leave with no regrets! I'm excited to see what my time left in Africa brings! And I'm also starting to get excited to be back home.

I'll see you all soon!


Me and my boy Simon
Somehow I got talked into this...
Kickin it with the village kiddos

2 comments:

  1. Jordan you melt my heart! I am so glad that I not only get to call you my brother by blood but through christ. Your heart inspires me and the love you have for people is so admirable. Thank you for being an example for me. I am so proud of you for following your calling but also I can NOT wait to have you home! I love you jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, firat of all I'm so proud of you. I work at GTCC with your mom. She's just an awesome person. I never knew how awesome 'til I saw this son (you) that she raised in the guidance and love of the Lord. The things that you are learning about the world will be a part of you forever. They will enrich your life as you come to realize how blessed you are to be born of a godly American woman. Your mom must be bursting at the seams with pride in you.

    I had the opportunity to travel the holy lands of Isreal my senior year in high school. It was a guided tour, not a mission trip. However, what I saw and experienced there grew my faith in Jesus Christ like nothing else could. To walk where he had walked, to stand where he had preached and died...it was beyond my wildest imagination.

    You have been given a gift to come to the knowledge of these people that most of us will never think about. You have seen them and experienced their world through the loving, all sufficient Christ, Jesus. See sees us all as equals. In a sense these people have an opportunity to experience a deeper level of relationship with Christ than do we who are interrupted by the goings on of a modern world where we have so much material wealth.

    God bless you and keep you safe under his wings of protection. I pray that God keeps this experience alive in your heart forever.

    God Bless,

    Donna Leggette, Jeremiah 29:11.

    ReplyDelete